Frequently asked questions
What is Henna?
Henna (Lawsonia Inermis) is a plant that contains a natural coloring pigment known as lawsone. Lawsone colors the hair by safely binding to the hair protein molecules. The color darkens as it is absorbed by the hair. The color is permanent and has very little fading.
Will Henna cover my greys?
Henna works very well on gray hair. It may take more than one application to get the desired coverage for clients with stubborn greys.
Most clients want to cover their greys but do not want the chemical-laden hair color that is typically offered in most traditional salons. Mai Blossom has created an Organic Henna Hair Color that beautifies and restores the hair to its natural shine and brilliance. We holistically hand-craft the pure plant-based Organic Hair Color using Henna, Indigo and Cassia with nutritive ingredients and healing Essential oils. These transform the hair color from ordinary to a luxurious holistic hair and scalp treatment. Mai Blossom Organic Henna Hair Color contains NO Ammonia! NO Metallic Salts! NO PPD! NO Chemicals. Only pure organic ingredients that is good for your hair and your health!
Will Henna work on my hair type/color?
Mai Blossom Organic Henna hair colors are handcrafted, custom blended to meet client’s need and ranges from Light Golden Blonde, Auburn, Red, Deep Burgundy, Light Brown, Medium Brown and Soft Black. To holistically formulate a hair color that beautifies and restores, Mai Blossom adds additional nutritive ingredients and healing oils.
What are some of the benefits of Henna Hair Color as opposed to chemical dyes?
- Henna is totally devoid of the ammonia and toxins commonly found in chemical dyes and will not harm your skin or scalp.
- Henna is an effective treatment for dandruff and other scalp conditions.
- Henna protects hair from the ultraviolet rays of the sun and dust.
- Mai Blossom Organic Henna Hair Color naturally colors hair while it nourishes and strengthens the hair shaft.
- It protects the hair from the drying effect of environmental factors while providing brilliant shine and luster.
- Henna thickens your hair and increases volume and strength.
- Henna improves the overall health of your hair and scalp.
- Henna is a kind of conditioner, which locks the nutrients and moisture in the hair structure building a protective layer.
Is Henna Safe for Cancer Patients?
Our Henna Hair Color is organic and free of ALL chemicals. Only pure plant-based, and nutritive ingredients are used. Mai Blossom salon has many clients referred by Holistic Health Practitioners. We always recommend you talk to your doctor before seeking out our services.
Is Henna Safe for pregnant women?
Mai Blossom Organic Salon has many pregnant and nursing mothers. We always recommend you talk to your doctor before using any service on your hair and skin.
Does Mai Blossom Organic Henna Hair Color have a scent?
Our Organic Henna Hair color has a natural earthy scent of its own. We have healing essential oils, and other nourishing oils that can be added to address certain hair and scalp concerns which might change the scent of the hair color.
What is PPD?
PPD is short for Paraphenylenediamine (PPD), a synthetic chemical substance widely used in permanent hair dye. Reaction to this can be extreme or mild and can lead to sensitization dermatitis and/or debilitating health issues.